Thank you to all players, families, and volunteers that made Fall 2023 soccer so fun for ALL!
Please join us DDSC Players, Families, and Members to our Annual General Membership (AGM) Meeting is Tuesday, November 28th 7pm to 8pm at Stark Street Pizza, 9234 SE Stark Street, 97216. This is a time to reflect and celebrate DDSC as we enjoy treats together as we honor specifically our 8th grade players and Coaches as well as our Volunteers! ALL DDSC Families are invited. Pizza and drinks provided. Click here for the meeting slides/agenda.
Spring 2024 soccer registration opens the first of 2024!
Hello DDSC Families.
Thank you so much for participating in the Fall 2023 soccer season. One of my biggest joys for me is watching children play together outside. My hope is that you had fun playing or watching your child play.
DDSC does not currently offer a winter soccer option for our members. However, for those that are interested in playing soccer more over the winter, there are indoor soccer and futsal leagues that may be available for individuals to join formed teams and/or register as a whole team.
Also, my hope is that you will join DDSC for Spring 2024 and tell your friends to join the fun too! The soccer season will be mid-March through May. Spring 2024 soccer registration will open at the first of the year.
Until then, there are many opportunities for your child to stay active and involved in the community. See below for the David Douglas School District offerings through their Community Sports & Recreation program. Contact Community Sports & Recreation Program Director Staci Heath: firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-261-8295 if you have questions.
Community Sports & Rec. Basketball & Wrestling Registration is OPEN! Sign up now!
6th, 7th & 8th Grade Wrestling
3rd thru 8th grade MAT Club Wrestling Registration
• The Mat Club Starts 10/23/24 and will end in Feb. or March
• Practices will be held on Monday's & Wednesdays from 5:30 pm -7:00 pmLocation: David Douglas High School (South Gym) 1500 SE 130th Ave. Portland, OR 97233- $45 fee for the 2023-2024 Season. Payment in cash or check.
• 6th, 7th & 8th graders can do Mat Club and Middle School Wrestling!
7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball Registration
Tryouts start on Nov. 6th-8th or 9th
The season will complete on Jan. 18th
Registration deadline is Nov. 6th
3rd-6th Grade Boys Basketball Registration
Season Starts Nov. 6th-Feb.. 3rd
Registration deadline in Nov. 6th
Practices a couple of times during the week and games on Saturdays.
7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball Registration
* Tryouts Jan. 22rd-24th
* Season goes from Jan. 22nd-March 13th
* Registration deadline Jan. 22nd
5th & 6th Grade Girls Basketball Registration
* 5th & 6th GIRLS Basketball
Season Starts Nov. 6th-Feb. 3rd
Registration deadline in Nov. 6th
Practices during the week and games on Saturdays
3rd & 4th grade GIRLS Basketball Registration
* We are capping at 80 kids! Sign up now!
• 3/4th grade participants will meet on 4 Saturdays at David Douglas High School North Gym (1001 SE 135th Ave) starting in December. The 4 Saturdays are as follows. Dec. 9th, Dec. 16th, Jan. 6th & Jan. 13th
• An updated schedule with times for each athlete will be provided closer to the start date of the program. - During these days athletes will meet their assigned coach and participate in a clinic/practice before they play in a game.
Lastly, there are also numerous classes and events to enjoy at East Portland Community Center. Click here for more information. TeenForce is also a great, free program at EPCC that involves youth ages 10 to 20.
We need you! DDSC runs as a Volunteer organization. We are asking for Parents/Adults to step into Volunteer roles that includes on the field Coach and off the field Board positions and coordinators. Please contact email@example.com to be involved in any of these ways!
Register at www.ddsoccer.org under "Registration."